Chickpea Curry with Spinach and Eggs
Low calorie cooking spray
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp black mustard seeds
4 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp turmeric
½ tsp cayenne pepper
4 large garlic cloves, crushes
1 medium-hot red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2 x 400g can chopped tomoato
2 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
500g baby leaf spinach
4 large eggs*
Chopped fresh coriander to serve
* Pregnant women, the elderly, babies and toddlers and the already unwell are advised not to eat raw or partially cooked eggs
- Spray a large deep non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat.
- Add all the spices, garlic, chilli and 100ml boiling water and cook gently for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, lemon juice, 200ml boiling water and salt to taste and simmer for 15 minutes or until reduced and thickened.
- Add half the spinach to the pan, cover and cook until it has wilted down, then repeat with the remaining spinach (the spinach will release water and loosen the mixture nicely).
- Uncover, stir everything together, then make dips in the mixture and crack in your eggs – we could only fit 4 eggs into our pan but if your pan is bigger, squeeze in as many as you like!
- Season lightly, cover the pan again and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the whites are set and the yolks are cooked to your liking.
- Scatter over the coriander to serve.
Recipe credit: Slimming World's Free & Easy
tell us what you think
Orlos contains Orlistat 60mg
Ask your pharmacist
Always read the leaflet
© 2017 Orlos. All rights reserved.