Asparagus Salad with a Runny Poached Egg
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
200 g peeled cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), cut into bite-sized pieces
2 handfuls mixed leaves
1/4 cucumber, cut into batons
8 asparagus spears, trimmed
2 large eggs
- Pour the olive oil and vinegar into a small bowl, mix well and add the beetroot.
- Divide the mixed leaves and cucumber between 2 plates.
- Blanch the asparagus in a pan of simmering water for 2 mins, then remove and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and simmer gently for 3 mins until the whites are cooked and the yolks are just beginning to set, but still runny. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, add the beetroot to the salad plates, pour over the dressing and lightly toss together.
- Top each plate with asparagus and a poached egg to serve.
tell us what you think
Orlos contains Orlistat 60mg
Ask your pharmacist
Always read the leaflet
© 2019 Orlos. All rights reserved.