Broccoli Pesto Pasta
800g broccoli, cut into small florets
3/4 cup (120g) pine nuts, toasted
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp finely grated lemon rind
1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, for drizzling
2 cups (160g) finely grated Parmesan, plus extra to serve
salt and freshly milled black pepper
500 small pasta of your choice
A handful of basil leaves to garnish
4 eggs optional to make sunny side up eggs
- Cook the broccoli – place in a pan of boiling water and cook the florets for 6-8 minutes. To steam, place in a steamer over boiling water and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Toast the pine nuts for a few minutes on a frying pan with some oil.
- Add the broccoli, 1/2 cup of the pine nuts, garlic, lemon rind and juice, oil, Parmesan, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until roughly chopped. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot in salted boiling water according to the packet instructions or until al dente. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Return the cooking liquid to the pot over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli pesto and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until well combined. In the meantime, in a separate pan, make 4 sunny side up eggs if you like.
- Divide the pasta between plates and top with the reserve (roughly crushed) pine nuts, extra Parmesan and basil leaves.
- Top with egg, drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.
Recipe credit: http://www.fussfreecooking.com/recipe-categories/meatless-recipes/broccoli-pesto-pasta-vegetarian-friendly-recipe/
tell us what you think
Orlos contains Orlistat 60mg
Ask your pharmacist
Always read the leaflet
© 2019 Orlos. All rights reserved.