Buckwheat, asparagus and pea risotto
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 small white onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
250ml chicken or vegetable stock
1 x 400ml can coconut milk
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
100g petits pois
3 spring onions, finely chopped
1 bunch asparagus
25g mint leaves
4 tbsp chopped walnuts
Salt and pepper
- Rinse the buckwheat in a sieve. Heat a pan with the coconut oil for 1 minute over a medium heath, then throw in the onion and a pinch of salt and sauté for 5 minutes, or until the onion is lightly bronzed.
- Add the garlic and the buckwheat and stir-fry for another minute
- Pour in the stock an allow to simmer for 10 minutes with a lid on.
- Open the coconut milk and separate the coconut milk from the cream.
- Take the lid off the pan, and gradually add the lemon zest and juice, petit pois, spring onions and coconut milk.
- Make sure you keep stirring constantly, and cook for 10 minutes.
- For the last 7 minutes place the asparagus on top, and a pop a lid back on the pan to let the spears steam.
- Remove the asparagus spears and set aside.
- Stir the coconut cream into the mixture in the pan, with good grind of salt and pepper.
- Scatter the mint leaves over the plated risotto with the asparagus and the chopped walnuts.
Recipe credit: Get the Glow by Madeline Shaw
tell us what you think
Orlos contains Orlistat 60mg
Ask your pharmacist
Always read the leaflet
© 2019 Orlos. All rights reserved.