Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
1 butternut squash (~3 lbs)
2 small yellow onions, chopped
2 tablespoons coconut oil
4 large apples, cored and cut into 4-5 chunks (Peeling is optional. A suggestion is to use at least 1-2 tart apples mixed with 1-2 sweet apples)
4 cups vegetable stock
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon sea salt
Dash of ground nutmeg
- Peel the squash. If you have a decent vegetable peeler, that will work. Alternatively, you may need to use a paring knife, which is more tedious.
- Remove the seeds and cut into 1-2 inch chunks. *Note: you can also roast your squash ahead of time or cook it in the slow cooker. Either method works well.
- Heat your oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion until soft, at least 5 minutes.
- Add squash, apples, stock, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Make sure the squash is nice and soft. Puree with a hand held (immersion) blender or transfer the soup, in batches, to a regular blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
tell us what you think
Orlos contains Orlistat 60mg
Ask your pharmacist
Always read the leaflet
© 2019 Orlos. All rights reserved.