Healthier Mince Pies
For the pastry
125g Flora Original
275g plain flour
½tsp baking powder
1 egg, beaten
For the filling
175g mixed dried fruit
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
50g dark muscovado sugar
1½tbsp brandy or rum
1½tsp mixed spice
1 small dessert apple, coarsely grated and excess juice squeezed out
1tsp icing sugar, to dust
- In a bowl rub the Flora into the flour and baking powder until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix the egg with 2tbsp cold water. Reserve 1tbsp and add the rest to the flour mix. Bring the mixture together to make a smooth dough – you may need to add a little extra cold water.
- Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 20 min.
- Put the filling ingredients into a saucepan and cook over a low heat for 10 min until the apple has broken down a little. Leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5 and grease a 12-hole bun tin. Roll out the pastry on to a floured surface to the thickness of a £1 coin, cut out 12 x 7cm discs and use to line the tin. Spoon the cooled filling into the pastry cases.
- Cut out 12 x 3–4cm stars from the remaining pastry and put on top of each filled pie. Brush with the reserved egg mix and bake for 18–20 min until the pastry is golden.
- Cool in the tin for 10 min, then transfer to a wire rack and dust with icing sugar.
Recipe credit: http://www.healthyfood.co.uk/recipe/mince-pies/
tell us what you think
Orlos contains Orlistat 60mg
Ask your pharmacist
Always read the leaflet
© 2019 Orlos. All rights reserved.