Jumbo Chickpea Pancake
1 green onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
1/2 cup chickpea flour (also known as garbanzo flour or besan)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons water
For serving: salsa, avocado, hummus, cashew cream (optional)
- Prepare the vegetables and set aside. Preheat a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, baking powder, and optional red pepper flakes.
- Add the water and whisk well until no clumps remain. I like to whisk it for a good 15 seconds to create lots of air bubbles in the batter.
- Stir in the chopped vegetables.
- When the skillet is pre-heated (a drop of water should sizzle on the pan), spray it liberally with olive oil or other non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour on all of the batter (if making 1 large pancake) and quickly spread it out all over the pan. Cook for about 5-6 minutes on one side (timing will depend on how hot your pan is), until you can easily slide a pancake flipper/spatula under the pancake and it’s firm enough not to break when flipping. Flip pancake carefully and cook for another 5 minutes, until lightly golden. Be sure to cook for enough time as this pancake takes much longer to cook compared to regular pancakes.
- Serve on a large plate and top with your desired toppings. Leftovers can be wrapped up and placed in the fridge. Reheat on a skillet until warmed throughout.
Recipe credit: https://ohsheglows.com/2013/09/15/jumbo-chickpea-pancake-a-high-protein-filling-vegan-breakfast-or-lunch/
tell us what you think
Orlos contains Orlistat 60mg
Ask your pharmacist
Always read the leaflet
© 2019 Orlos. All rights reserved.