Prawn and Coconut Curry
1 large onion
2 cloves of garlic
1-2 fresh red chillies
3cm piece of ginger
1/2 stalk of lemongrass
2 lime leaves , optional
400 g raw, peeled king prawns, from sustainable sources
200 g sugarsnap peas, mangetout or green beans
100 g peas
50 g coconut cream
100 ml organic vegetable stock , optional
Thai fish sauce or other Asian fish sauce
- Peel the onion and finely slice along with the chillies.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger.
- Discard the outer layer of the lemongrass and finely chop.
- Heat 1 to 2 teaspoons of oil in a pan and sauté the onion, garlic, chilli, ginger, lemongrass and lime leaves (if using) over a medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, until soft but not coloured.
- Add the prawns, vegetables, coconut cream and stock (or 100ml of water) to the pan.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the prawns are cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Take the pan off the heat and add a splash of fish sauce and a squeeze of lime juice to taste.
- Serve on a bed of rice (optional: garnish with sliced red chilli and coriander leaves) and lime wedges for squeezing over.
tell us what you think
Orlos contains Orlistat 60mg
Ask your pharmacist
Always read the leaflet
© 2017 Orlos. All rights reserved.