Spiced Red Lentil Soup
For the soup
1 medium onion
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
2 tsp panch phoran spice mix
200g dried red lentils
200g can chopped tomatoes
For the spiced yogurt
6 tbsp fat-free natural greek yoghurt
- Put the onion, carrot, chilli, panch phoran spices, 3 tbsp stock and some seasoning into a large non-stick pan over a low heat.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and stir in the paprika and tomato purée, followed by the rest of the stock, the lentils and the tomatoes.
- Bring to simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
- Meanwhile, mix the spiced yogurts ingredients in a small bowl and add salt to taste. Set aside.
- Pour half of the soup into a large bowl and blend until smooth with a stick blender (or use a food processor).
- Bring back to the boil and stir in the lemon juice and most of the coriander.
- Ladle into mugs or bowls and add dollops of spiced yogurt.
- Sprinkle with the extra paprika and garnish with coriander sprigs to serve.
Recipe credit: Slimming World's Free and Easy
tell us what you think
Orlos contains Orlistat 60mg
Ask your pharmacist
Always read the leaflet
© 2019 Orlos. All rights reserved.