The Ultimate Healthy Cranberry and Orange Christmas Muffins
2 cups (240g) white whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour
1 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp (14g) orange zest (about 2 large)
1 tbsp (14g) unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
2 large egg whites, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp vanilla stevia
½ cup (120g) plain non-fat Greek yogurt
¼ cup (60mL) freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1 large)
½ cup (120mL) nonfat milk
1 ½ cups (165g) fresh whole cranberries, finely diced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and lightly coat 12 muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter or coconut oil, egg whites, vanilla extract, and vanilla stevia.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt, mixing until no large lumps remain.
- Stir in the orange juice.
- Alternate between adding the flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, and stirring just until incorporated. (For best results, add the flour mixture in 3 equal parts.)
- Gently fold in the cranberries.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 350°F for 19-22 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the muffin cups for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack.
Recipe credit: https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2017/10/05/the-ultimate-healthy-cranberry-orange-muffins/
tell us what you think
Orlos contains Orlistat 60mg
Ask your pharmacist
Always read the leaflet
© 2017 Orlos. All rights reserved.