Vegan Hot Potato Curry
low-calorie cooking spray
1 tbsp black mustard seeds
t tbsp cumin seeds
1 large onion
5 cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 kg waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
1 tbsp curry powder (heat to your taste)
Seeds from 8 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
350 ml boiling vegetable stock
4 large tomatoes, chopped
1/2 small pack fresh coriander, roughly chopped
3 tbsp cold water
1 tsp salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper, to serve
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- When hot, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds, and cook for 30 seconds or until they start to pop.
- Add the onion, ginger, chilli and cold water. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the potatoes into a pan of lightly salted boiling water over a high heat. Bring the back to the boil and cook for just 3 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Uncover the onion pan, stir in the curry powder and cardamom seeds and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the potatoes, stock and 1tsp salt. Simmer gently for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are completely tender and the liquid has reduced.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes, then stir in most of the coriander.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper and remaining coriander.
- Serve with hot rice.
Recipe credit: Slimming World's Free & Easy
tell us what you think
Orlos contains Orlistat 60mg
Ask your pharmacist
Always read the leaflet
© 2017 Orlos. All rights reserved.